onsdag 16 januari 2013

Jamiga net fishing

I've had some more progress with the networking. Instead of boring you with text about it, I thought I'd show you a clip of the progress and give an insight in how a day coding JAmiga might look.

Enjoy:

Well, its almost like that.

Anyhow, what the clip tries to illustrate is the Amiga running a Java program opening a server socket on port 7777, with my Mac telnetting to that port, and then exchanging a few strings. You can see a more academic documentary version below:

The current running network solution will most likely only work in single threaded environments, since using bsdsockets.library in multiple processes requires some extra care. My previous described "one-amiga-process-for-each-socket approach is currently disabled. There were other issues with that solution. I haven't yet decided how to do it, but starting an extra process for each socket is really not a satisfying solution -- it can be sufficient to get past the obstacle, but in the long run its really not a good way to do it.

What's next?

Next, I'll focus on getting one of the Milestone 1 possible applications to work, namely the Telnet/SSH client. At the moment, the whole thing crashes wildly, but I'm assuming its a simple mistake I've made.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar